9.02.2008

Cut

People have hurt me.

I have hurt people.

This is what I've learned. I feel anger toward them and I want to make them feel the same pain (or worse) than what they made me feel. But after I've dealt with the anger- really dealt with it- I end up knowing God in a new way. I wouldn't trade that for anything. I know God in a way you couldn't possibly understand. I can rely on Him to bring me through the next hurt because I've already been there, done that.

For the people I have hurt, I hope that they realized this lesson even sooner than I did. I don't set out intending to hurt others. But then again, I don't set out to protect them either.

Hurt is a part of life. Maturity isn't until you choose it.

Knowledge isn't given, it's sought. I seek to know God better through every situation. I don't always accomplish that goal but I'm pursuing it. I've been hurt and I'll hurt again.

But I walked away better.

Thank you.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Recent college graduate. Teacher. Sister. Daughter. Blogger. Friend.